Breakfast potatoes seasoned with onion, garlic and paprika, for a flavorful addition to your breakfast or brunch! Made in the air fryer for a hands off dish that comes out perfectly crispy on the outside, yet tender and fluffy on the inside.
Air fryer breakfast potatoes are hands down the most made dish in my air fryer. Potatoes normally take anywhere from 45 minutes to over an hour to roast, so I love that I can have delicious crispy potatoes in less than 30 minutes. These potatoes come together quickly and the hands off cooking method is great for serving breakfast or brunch at home!
What you need to make Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- Air Fryer (my model is a Power XL Vortex 5 QT & I love it!)
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Yukon gold potatoes
How to make Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
This is truly such a simple dish. All you have to do is mix the spices and the oil, then add the potatoes and cook!
Begin by cutting your potatoes into 1″ pieces. I love to use the baby Yukon gold potatoes because most just need to be cut in half. The bigger pieces can be cut into fourths.
Next, combine the spices and olive oil in the bottom of a medium sized bowl. If there are other spices or seasonings you love, you can add them in or swap them for the ones I have listed. This recipe will work with just about any spices you enjoy! I love to keep it simple with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. If you like spice, I recommend adding a pinch of cayenne for a nice kick!
The mixture should resemble a thin paste once combined. If it seems too thick, add a drizzle of extra olive oil.
Once the spices and oil are well combined, toss in the potatoes. Stir to distribute the spices, and keep coating the potatoes until they all have the seasoning mixture on all sides and there is no excess oil left in the bottom of the bowl.
Arrange the seasoned potatoes in an even layer, in the basket of your air fryer. Cook at 380° for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Make sure to remove the basket and shake the potatoes 2-3 times while cooking, to ensure they are browning and cooking evenly.
When the potatoes are tender on the inside (a knife can be inserted with little resistance) and browned on the outside, they’re ready. Garnish with chopped chives and serve along side your favorite breakfast items!
What to serve with Breakfast Potatoes
- Chilaquiles Verdes
- Eggs Benedict
- French Toast
- any of your favorite breakfast items!
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- Air Fryer
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons Chives thinly sliced, for garnish
- Add olive oil to the bottom of a medium sized bowl. Then add in the seasonings.
- Stir to combine the oil and seasonings. This should form a thin paste.
- Add the chopped potatoes to the bowl and mix thourougly, until the seasoning and oil mixture has coated all of the potaotes and there is no excess oil in the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the seasoned potaotes, in a single layer, to your air fryer basket and cook at 380° degrees for 15-20 minutes. Shake the potaotes 2-3 times while cooking to ensure even cooking and browning.
- When the potatoes are tender on the inside (a knife can be inserted with little resistance) and browned on the outside, they're ready.
- Serve alongside your favorite breakfst or brunch items.
This post contains affiliate links.