Layers of scrambled eggs, melty cheese, and crispy bacon. These sliders are all of your favorite breakfast items sandwiched between an everything bagel seasoned Hawaiian roll.
Everything bagel breakfast sliders are all the things you love about a breakfast sandwich, in slider form! Who doesn’t love mini versions of their favorite things? These sliders are served on everything bagel seasoned Hawaiian rolls for a twist on the classic breakfast sandwich.
What you need to make Everything Bagel Breakfast Sliders
- Hawaiian rolls
- Colby Jack cheese
- everything bagel seasoning
These sliders are totally customizable if you wanted to swap the bacon for ham or sausage, or if you wanted to change up the cheese. Breakfast sliders can be whatever you want them to be!
How to make Everything Bagel Breakfast Sliders
Cooking the bacon
Begin by cooking your bacon while you assemble the other components to the sliders. Lay bacon strips in an even layer on a baking sheet wrapped in foil. Place the baking sheet into a cold oven & set the temperature to 400°. The bacon will cook slowly while the oven heats up, mimicking the slow cooking process of frying bacon on the stove. The bacon will take anywhere from 15-25 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your bacon. Once the bacon is cooked to your liking, remove it from the oven and let the pieces cool on a paper towel-lined plate. Once cool enough to handle, chop the bacon into large pieces.
Preparing the rolls
While the bacon cooks, prep the rolls.
Slice the rolls in half, horizontally, splitting the bottom half from the top half. Place the bottom half on a baking sheet and set the top half aside.
Cooking the eggs
To cook the eggs, heat a medium-sized non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the butter and let it melt, and sizzle for a minute. Pour in the scrambled eggs and season with a pinch of salt. Let the eggs sit in the pan for a few seconds to set the bottom. Then slowly scramble the eggs with a rubber spatula, until they reach your desired doneness.
Assembling the sliders
Once the eggs and bacon are cooked, it’s time to assemble the sliders. Begin by topping the bottom of the rolls with eggs, a sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning, then crumbled bacon, and lastly, lay on the cheese.
Pop the sliders into the oven, and cook until the cheese is fully melted, about 5 minutes.
FInishing the sliders
Once the cheese is melted, place the top of the Hawaiian rolls over the top. Brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle on the remaining everything bagel seasoning. Place the sliders back in the oven for another 5 minutes, until the tops are just beginning to brown.
Serve these up with your favorite breakfast items, like my Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
Everything Bagel Breakfast Sliders
- 6 strips Bacon
- 1 12 pack Hawaiian Rolls
- 4 tablespoons Butter 2 tablespoons melted, for the topping
- 6 large Eggs scrambled
- 6 slices Colby Jack Cheese or 1 ½ cups shredded cheese
- 3 tablespoons Everything Bagel Seasoning*
- Lay bacon strips in an even layer on a baking sheet wrapped in foil. Place the baking sheet into a cold oven & set the temperature to 400°. The bacon will cook slowly while the oven heats up, mimicking the slow cooking process of frying bacon on the stove. The bacon will take anywhere from 15-25 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your bacon. Once bacon is cooked to your liking, remove it from the oven and let the pieces cool on a paper towel lined plate. Once cool enough to handle, chop the bacon into large pieces.
- Next, slice your Hawaiian rolls in half, horizontally, but keeping them still attached to each other. Place the bottom of the rolls on a baking sheet.
- In a medium skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted and sizzling, add eggs and turn heat to low. Season with a pinch of salt and cook the eggs, moving them around the pan, until they reach your desired doneness.
- Top the bottom of the Hawaiian rolls with the cooked eggs and a sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning, then layer on the chopped bacon. Top with cheese and bake, until cheese is melted. About 5 minutes.
- Once the cheese is melted, remove the sliders from the oven and top with the top layer of Hawaiian rolls. Brush the melted butter over the top of the rolls and sprinkle with the remaining everything bagel seasoning.
- Return the sliders to the oven and bake until the tops are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.