Classic bean dip with a spicy twist! This 4 ingredient dip is so simple you’ll want to serve it up at all your parties!
Classic bean dip always makes an appearance on my Super Bowl menu because it’s delicious & so easy to throw together. You can’t beat a 4 ingredient dip! With just 4 ingredients & 10 minutes of your time, you’re on your way to game day success. It’s delicious served with a side of tortilla chips & makes the perfect game day snack! Whatever team you’re rooting for this year, you’ll want to be rooting with a chip full of spicy bean dip.
What you need to make Spicy Bean Dip
- refried beans
- cream cheese
- hot sauce
- cheddar cheese
- chips (for serving)
How to make Spicy Bean Dip
Start by heating the beans over medium heat until they become soft. Then, slowly add in the cream cheese, piece by piece, stirring vigorously to incorporate it. Stirring vigorously helps to mix in the cream cheese completely, but it also adds some air into the beans, making them fluffy. You’ll notice the color change from a darker brown to a lighter brown once the air has been incorporated. Once all the cream cheese has been added, stir in the hot sauce. If you like your bean dip on the spicier side, feel free to add more! Lastly, add in the cheddar cheese and stir until combined and melted.
Once all the ingredients have been added, pour the mixture into a serving dish & top with more shredded cheddar cheese!
This dip can be made using black beans instead of pinto beans. As long as they are refried, they will work in this recipe! You can also leave out the hot sauce for a classic bean dip, or pump up the spice with the addition of fresh, chopped jalapeños!
Spicy Bean Dip
- 1 16oz can Refried Beans
- 4 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese shredded, plus more for serving
- Tortilla Chips for serving
- In a medium saucepan, heat beans until soft.
- Cube up the cream cheese into 8 equal pieces and add them 2 at a time to the hot beans, stirring to fully combine.
- Once all the cream cheese has been added, stir in the hot sauce.
- Lastly, add in the cheddar cheese and stir until fully mixed and melted.
- Pour bean dip into a serving dish & top with more cheddar cheese.