Simple stove top chocolate pudding with an added kick of Grand Marnier to really get the party started! The whole affair is topped with crushed Oreo cookies (dirt) & gummy worms for a touch of nostalgia!
Mud Pie – The Perfect Halloween Treat
Mud Pies were everyone’s favorite treat growing up & anytime I saw one on a kid’s menu I just HAD to order it. Something about the textural balance between the smooth & creamy chocolate pudding, the crispy crushed Oreos & the chewy gummy worms made my mouth & my belly very happy. That mixed with the fact that as a child (and still), I will never pass up a chocolatey dessert.
What You Need to Make Grand Marnier Mud Pie
- stove top chocolate pudding
- grand marnier
- crushed Oreo cookies
- gummy worms
After the year we’ve all had, I figured we deserved to eat alcohol infused chocolate pudding until our heart’s content. You officially have my permission to make this dessert a regular occurrence for the remainder of 2020, & beyond! This recipe calls for enough alcohol to taste the flavor but not enough to completely intoxicate you, so these mud pies are even perfect for a mid-week treat! Once you see how simple they are to throw together, you’ll be eating these on repeat well after Halloween!
FAQs about Grand Marnier Mud Pie
This recipe is possible with instant pudding, however it is nowhere near as delicious as the stove top version.
Unfortunately this recipe can only be made with cows milk. Dairy free milks do not set the pudding, so the result will be much thinner & soup like.
Absolutely! Any liquor that is commonly used in desserts or baking (or paired with chocolate) should work just fine.
Grown Up Grand Marnier Mud Pie
- 1 package Chocolate Pudding stove top mix, plus any ingredients needed to assemble pudding mix*
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- ½ cup Oreo Cookies crushed
- Gummy Worms
- Prepare the pudding according to package.
- While pudding is still hot, but off the heat, add Grand Marnier & stir to combine.
- Separate pudding into 4 serving dishes & chill in the fridge overnight to set (pudding can be served warm but will thicken as it cools)
- When ready to serve, top each pudding with ¼ of the crushed Oreos & gummy worms.