A creamy and tangy combination of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and dijon mustard. Creamy Balsamic Dressing is great on salads, vegetables, chicken, fish, and more!
Balsamic vinaigrette is such a classic salad dressing that can be found on virtually every restaurant menu across the United States. It’s one of my favorites so I thought I’d give it a new twist! Creamy Balsamic Dijon Dressing was born because I love adding Dijon mustard to my dressings because it adds a tangy flavor but also helps to thicken your dressings. It acts as an emulsifier and when it’s combined with the other ingredients, you get a thick dressing that coats your food much better.
What you need to make Creamy Balsamic Dijon Dressing
The ingredient list for this dressing is pretty simple, and you probably already have most (if not all) of these ingredients in your kitchen.
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- dijon mustard
- kosher salt
- black pepper
How to make Creamy Balsamic Dijon Dressing
This dressing comes together in just a few minutes. It requires some measuring of ingredients and then whisking everything together. That’s it!
- Begin by measuring out your olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, then begin whisking slowly. Whisking slowly allows air to be gently incorporated into the dressing which will help it emulsify. This will result in a thick dressing that does not separate.
- Once the ingredients begin to come together, you can start whisking a little faster until the ingredients are completely combined, emulsified, and thickened. You should be able to swirl the dressing around the bowl and notice it has a slight heaviness to it.
What to serve with Creamy Balsamic Dijon Dressing
What’s great about this dressing is that it can be served with a variety of things, which makes it such a versatile recipe!
the possibilities are endless!
Questions about Creamy Balsamic Dijon Dressing
Absolutely, this dressing would be delicious with Red Wine Vinegar or Champagne Vinegar.
This dressing is best when it has some time to chill in the refrigerator before serving. I recommend 30 minutes, but it can easily be made days in advance if needed.
This dressing can last up to 7 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator, but it only makes ¾ cup, which usually doesn’t last that long in our house! But this dressing can be easily doubled for a larger batch.
Creamy Balsamic Dijon Dressing
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk slowly until emulsified. Once all ingredients are combined and thickened, transfer dressing to an airtight container and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.