Goat Cheese with Green Olive Gremolata is a quick & easy appetizer, of tangy goat cheese, topped with a fresh mixture of chopped Castelvetrano Olives, lemon juice, garlic & parsley!
Serve up with crackers, crudités, or on top of a bed of your favorite greens. This appetizer is sure to please all of your cheese loving guests this holiday season.
This 5 ingredient appetizer comes together in just 5 minutes!
Goat Cheese with Green Olive Gremolata is the perfect holiday appetizer, because it comes together so quickly, with minimal ingredients! It looks stunning & can easily dress up your holiday table! This dish is bright & tangy with a creamy finish. It’s delicious served with bread or crackers, but can easily be added to your holiday charcuterie board, to take it to the next level.
What you need for the recipe:
- goat cheese
- Castelvetrano olives (my favorite are from Mezzetta)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- crackers (I love to serve this with fruit & nut crackers, Rustic Bakery are my favorite)
Since there are so few ingredients in this dish, you want to make sure to get the best quality ingredients because they really are the star of this dish! I have also listed some cheese substitutes for those who want some variety in the dish.
Making the Gremolata:
To make the Green Olive Gremolata, combine olives, garlic, parsley, lemon, olive oil, salt & pepper. Mix well, until all ingredients are combined. This dish can be made ahead, but make sure to assemble right before serving. Prepare the gremolata & spread your cheese into the serving dish. Both can sit in the fridge until serving. When it’s time to serve, just top the cheese with gremolata & you’re all set!
Goat Cheese Substitutions:
If you are someone who doesn’t enjoy goat cheese, here are some other cheeses you can use instead!
- Fromage Blanc
- Cream Cheese
Goat Cheese With Green Olive Gremolata
- 7 oz Goat Cheese slightly softened
- ¾ cup Green Olives Castelvetrano are my favorite for this dish, roughly chopped
- 1 small Garlic Clove minched or grated
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley loosley packed & chopped
- ½ Lemon zested
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Crackers for serving
- In a medium sized ramekin or small bowl, spread the softened goat cheese into an even layer.
- Next, prepare the Gremolata. In a medium bowl: combine olives, garlic, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice & olive oil. Season with salt & pepper.
- To serve, spoon the Gremolata over the goat cheese & enjoy!